Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I'M HERE, YOU'RE HERE, LET'S TALK BOOKS!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/
Hello fellow readers!!!
A month or two ago I was at the Barnes and Noble and I was buying The Summer I Turned Pretty and the Vampire Diaries: The Fury and Dark Reunion, when an announcement came on. They said if you liked Twilight then you should go to the front of the store and meet the author of a new series called The Amoveo Legacy by Sara Taney Humphreys...so curious as I was I walked to the front and she spotted me. She said "Do you like Twilight?" so I said, "I loved Twilight!!!" and she said "That's great then come over here because you'll LOVE my book!!" so i walked over and introduced myself and she talked a little bit about her book...it turns out it's basically EVERYTHING I ever wanted in a book!!! The way she explained it reminds me so much of the Mortal Instruments and any other supernatural book you may like. SO she signed my book and took a picture of me, then she asked if she could take another with her camera and I said yes!! I began reading the book that night. A week or two later I finished the book (it took me a while because of school) and I.was.blown.away.
Here's an excerpt from BarnesandNoble.com:

A dream on Samantha Logan's thirtieth birthday compels her to leave her artist loft in New York City and move back to the beach with her Grandmother, Nonie. However, the instant Samantha steps foot on the salty shores of her childhood home, she realizes the landscape has changed.
The moment she encounters the mysterious, arrogant neighbor Malcolm Drew, her life is never the same. Through a seductive courtship, he introduces her to the magical mystical world of the Amoveo--the dream walking, telepathic, shape shifters that he claims are her true heritage.

Well after the book ended so soon, I wanted it to continue. I was gratified with the fact that there will be another book coming out some time in December (which is here right about now). I highly recommend this book! The characters are so dynamic, and you'll find yourself rooting for the hero and his lady. I've recommended this book to many of my friends over on Pulseit.com, and you may see their  re-recommendations (not positive if that's a word) to you guys on their blogs!
Happy reading!

Since I've read The Amoveo Legacy I must warn you, there are some mature scenes in this book. It's not a teen novel so it's not all fluff like some others on the shelf are. It's still very good and I'm still excited to talk about it. I just don't want you buying the book and realizing "oh no this is way too mature for me" because that wouldn't be cool of me :-)

smiley-kiss.gif*sealed with a kiss*
<3JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEWS!

11/8/2010

HELLO READERS OF THE WORLD! If you haven’t already, go pick up your copy of Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick! I’ve already read it, and give it a full 5 stars!!! It’s suspenseful and dramatic, and it keeps you on the edge of your seat....or bed...depending on where you read :) I advise everyone to go out and buy it!!

Images of the Book Genie:

All Book Genie logos are made by me with a lot of time and effort using multiple photo editing programs. Please do NOT steal them! You must ask permission to use the images, and then cite my blog! Thank you so much!

Hit Counter

Supported by mba programs team.

About Me

My photo
I am the Book Genie!! I love reading with all of my heart, (I'm a little dramatic sometimes) and it's an obsession I have to live with. New titles on the teen novel shelves makes my heart beat faster. I've read many books, and I've developed a love for all different types of them. I love making websites and animations, but most of all I love making movies. I want to pursue a career in the movie making industry later on in life. I would also love to start writing novels and screenplays. My family is the most important part about me, because they have taught me everything I know. My pets are also important to me, as are all the animals we feed and save.