Monday, November 30, 2009

GET TO KNOW YOUR AUTHORS!!!


Cassandra Clare
Like Westerfeld, Clare is well known for her fantasy books. She has written a bestseller series called The Mortal Instruments. As my personal favorite, it grabs the hearts of young teens, every time the book is cracked open. In this fantasy action novel, we follow the story of two teenagers faced with the challenge of forbidden love, and fighting demons.
Excerpt for the first in the series called City of Bones, from BarnesandNoble.com:

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know. . . .

At this time Cassandra Clare is working on a 4th addition to the Mortal Instruments series called City of Fallen Angels, due to be released in March of 2011. In addition to City of Fallen Angels, Clare is going to be releasing a prequel series to the Mortal Instruments.
Her website is located here: http://cassandraclare.com/cms/home



Kiss*sealed with a kiss*
<3 JJ





No comments:

Post a Comment

NEWS!

11/8/2010

HELLO READERS OF THE WORLD! If you haven’t already, go pick up your copy of Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick! I’ve already read it, and give it a full 5 stars!!! It’s suspenseful and dramatic, and it keeps you on the edge of your seat....or bed...depending on where you read :) I advise everyone to go out and buy it!!

Images of the Book Genie:

All Book Genie logos are made by me with a lot of time and effort using multiple photo editing programs. Please do NOT steal them! You must ask permission to use the images, and then cite my blog! Thank you so much!

Hit Counter

Supported by mba programs team.

About Me

My photo
I am the Book Genie!! I love reading with all of my heart, (I'm a little dramatic sometimes) and it's an obsession I have to live with. New titles on the teen novel shelves makes my heart beat faster. I've read many books, and I've developed a love for all different types of them. I love making websites and animations, but most of all I love making movies. I want to pursue a career in the movie making industry later on in life. I would also love to start writing novels and screenplays. My family is the most important part about me, because they have taught me everything I know. My pets are also important to me, as are all the animals we feed and save.