Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I'M HERE, YOU'RE HERE, LET'S TALK BOOKS!!

Hello Fello Readers!!!
The next book I decided to review is called Need by Carrie Jones. Since the book is consisting of pixies and werewolves, I was interested in reading it. Ever since Twilight I, like many others out there, have been intrigued by our fellow "dog friends" (it's okay I can say it because I’m an animal lover) and I was so excited when I picked it up. At first when I read the back and it said something about a girl "collecting phobias" I was utterly confused and I wasn't sure if it was going to be a confusing book or not. Well, I found out that it is not that confusing at all, she simply knows a lot about the different phobias (Which is great because you can learn something while I read--it's like multitasking)...anyway… I was surprised I finished the book so fast but I couldn't put the book down…no it was like physically impossible to put it down. The book was absolutely amazing. For all of you who have not heard of this book, or may have heard about it but do not know what it is about, here is a little information from Barnesandnoble.com:


"Zara White suspects there's a freaky guy semi-stalking her. She's also obsessed with phobias. And it's true, she hasn't exactly been herself since her stepfather died. But exiling her to shivery Maine to live with her grandmother? That seems a bit extreme. The move is supposed to help her stay sane...but Zara's pretty sure her mom just can't deal with her right now.
She couldn't be more wrong. Turns out the semi-stalker is not a figment of Zara's overactive imagination. In fact, he's still following her, leaving behind an eerie trail of gold dust. There's something not right - no human - in this sleepy Maine town, and all signs point to Zara."

(WARNING! MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!)

Now, if you're wondering what kind of magical creatures lie within the pages of this book, let me tell you. This book consists of "pixies" and the "weres." The weres are shape shifters (people who can shape shift into different animals--hence wereWOLF). So if you're a fantasy lover, then this is a book for you. If you're into fantasy but also into the romantic aspect of a book, once again this book is for you. At first the book comes off a little "Twilight-y" (which obviously there is nothing wrong with that) yet as the book progresses the plot takes a very different route than Twilight.
Once again I found myself falling in love with a fictional character (Nick Colt)....if aything the book was more exciting to read than Twilight (do I dare say it??) because the dialogue was a little more fun and flirty and the closeness was very apparent between Nick and Zara (meaning physical closeness like touching her cheek--awww i know he's so sweet). The dialogue was SO funny at times I found myself waking my parents up because I was laughing so loud!! Anyway enough of my rambling go out and buy this book! I'm 100% positive you won't regret it!! If you have any questions or recommendations for books that are similar to this one, The Mortal Instruments, Twilight, or any of the books listed on my page please comment below!!! Thanks for reading!!!


Kiss*sealed with a kiss*
<3 JJ


No comments:

Post a Comment

NEWS!

11/8/2010

HELLO READERS OF THE WORLD! If you haven’t already, go pick up your copy of Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick! I’ve already read it, and give it a full 5 stars!!! It’s suspenseful and dramatic, and it keeps you on the edge of your seat....or bed...depending on where you read :) I advise everyone to go out and buy it!!

Images of the Book Genie:

All Book Genie logos are made by me with a lot of time and effort using multiple photo editing programs. Please do NOT steal them! You must ask permission to use the images, and then cite my blog! Thank you so much!

Hit Counter

Supported by mba programs team.

About Me

My photo
I am the Book Genie!! I love reading with all of my heart, (I'm a little dramatic sometimes) and it's an obsession I have to live with. New titles on the teen novel shelves makes my heart beat faster. I've read many books, and I've developed a love for all different types of them. I love making websites and animations, but most of all I love making movies. I want to pursue a career in the movie making industry later on in life. I would also love to start writing novels and screenplays. My family is the most important part about me, because they have taught me everything I know. My pets are also important to me, as are all the animals we feed and save.