Saturday, November 27, 2010

It's 3:12AM, do you know where your books are?

Hey there hi there ho ho ho there...it's almost Christmas. Okay, no it's not. But I've been in Christmas mode since, well about the day after Halloween. I guess I can't really help it when I have a mother who decided not to take all of the halloween decorations down, to put up some turkeys for thanksgiving, and what the heck throw up the Christmas tree while she's at it...I'm ready for her to toss some hearts on the windows along with some leprechauns...since we're covering all major holidays.
But of course it's what makes my life so different than everyone else's. Which I love. What also separates me from the normal kids my age, is that I'm up at 3:12Am, reading a book, with my lazy brown kitty coco, after putting up my own Christmas tree. Yes, you heard that right. My own. I'm staring at it as we speak. It's beautiful. Black, with gold ornaments. It's so me it's scary. So glam rock.

Anyway, the reason why I'm on the computer....I decided to pick a new book to read (about an hour ago), but I didn't know which one to start. So I walked over to my bookshelf and I picked up "Burned" by PC Cast & Kristin Cast, the 7th in the House of Night Series, "Feast of Fools" by Rachel Caine, the 4th in the Morganville Vampires series, and "Waiting for You" by Susane Colasanti. After getting in bed holding the books, I literally opened "Waiting for You" and started reading it. I didn't even hesitate. Something was telling me to read this book. I feel like there's a reason that I'm reading it, and I just don't know it yet.

So push comes to shove, I LOVE the books so far. I'm on page 26, and I can already feel the magic of Susane Colasanti's writing. I love her writing in previous books I've read by her, like "Take Me There," "When it Happens," and "Something Like Fate,"so I know that I'm going to love this book. The characters already sound like they relate to me and my friends. There are a few lines that I love in the beginning of the book...(SPOILER ALERT!!!) an example is: Pg 4&5...The best part is where John Mayer says how our connections are permanent, how if you drift apart from someone there's always a chance you can be part of their life again. How everything comes back around again."


Anywho...So I love the book so far, and I'm really excited to see where Colasanti takes me with this book. I think I might have an idea of where the story will end up, yet I'm curious to see as how Colasanti will get there. I guess we'll have to see :)

PS-the title of this blog, basically has nothing to do with the blog. I guess you've figured that out already.

PEACE.LOVE.READING

The Book Genie

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEWS!

11/8/2010

HELLO READERS OF THE WORLD! If you haven’t already, go pick up your copy of Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick! I’ve already read it, and give it a full 5 stars!!! It’s suspenseful and dramatic, and it keeps you on the edge of your seat....or bed...depending on where you read :) I advise everyone to go out and buy it!!

Images of the Book Genie:

All Book Genie logos are made by me with a lot of time and effort using multiple photo editing programs. Please do NOT steal them! You must ask permission to use the images, and then cite my blog! Thank you so much!

Hit Counter

Supported by mba programs team.

About Me

My photo
I am the Book Genie!! I love reading with all of my heart, (I'm a little dramatic sometimes) and it's an obsession I have to live with. New titles on the teen novel shelves makes my heart beat faster. I've read many books, and I've developed a love for all different types of them. I love making websites and animations, but most of all I love making movies. I want to pursue a career in the movie making industry later on in life. I would also love to start writing novels and screenplays. My family is the most important part about me, because they have taught me everything I know. My pets are also important to me, as are all the animals we feed and save.