Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I'M HERE, YOU'RE HERE, LET'S TALK BOOKS!!

Hello readers of the universe,
Today I'm here to bring your attention to a book I recently finished called Waiting for You, by Susane Colasanti. I'm just about shaking from my fingers to my toes right now, because I got a tweet from Susane Colasanti herself!!! Here's the background information....

A few days ago I decided to start reading a new book, so I picked up a few from my shelf. Usually my process is staring at the covers for a while and end up not reading anything that night because I can't choose. This time, something incredible happened. I didn't actually make a choice to read Waiting for You, I feel like it chose me. All of a sudden with my books sprawled across my bed, I opened Waiting for You and just started reading it...not like me at all. I had this feeling that I needed to read the book. Like there was a reason, and I had to read this book. I already knew that I loved Susane Colasanti, and all of her books have been my favorites so far, yet something about this book drew me to it.

After reading a few chapters I knew that it was going to be amazing. It was so relatable, and I felt like it was written just for me. All of the lessons and advice given in the book seemed to stand out and scream my name. I felt like it was written to help me specifically. My two favorite parts (SPOILER ALERT!!!!!) were when Nash and Marisa were at lunch, both depressed and both not eating. It was so funny to me, and I could picture it so easily. My other favorite part was at the end, in Nash's room. Priceless.

So push comes to shove I loved the book from the beginning, and I felt such a connection to it. I knew there was going to be a reason that I was reading it, and I really believe there was. I tweeted about it about the book, and now checking my twitter account (Twitter.com/TheBookGenie) I see that she has tweeted back to me: @ Thanks for the warm fuzzy :)


Of course I started freaking out, and I didn't know what to do, so I decided to post my blog about the book, which I was going to do later tonight. 


*Takes a deep breath* SO!!! now I'm going to go and stare at the cover of Waiting for You, and wish that I lived inside the pages of it.


5/5 Stars. Hands Down. Everyone go and read it. Now.


Happy Reading!!

3 comments:

  1. Couldn't have said it better myself!
    I received the book from a friend and was supposed to return it when I was finished. It took me a long time to start it, and now that I am done, let's just say she's not getting it back. You always know a book is really good after you're done reading it and you feel like you've lost your best friend. I'm not going to lie, for me it's very hard to start a book; it was well worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave you an award :)www.manda-b.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really Very nice I'm here to bring your attention to a book ....:)

    Distance Learning MBA

    ReplyDelete

NEWS!

11/8/2010

HELLO READERS OF THE WORLD! If you haven’t already, go pick up your copy of Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick! I’ve already read it, and give it a full 5 stars!!! It’s suspenseful and dramatic, and it keeps you on the edge of your seat....or bed...depending on where you read :) I advise everyone to go out and buy it!!

Images of the Book Genie:

All Book Genie logos are made by me with a lot of time and effort using multiple photo editing programs. Please do NOT steal them! You must ask permission to use the images, and then cite my blog! Thank you so much!

Hit Counter

Supported by mba programs team.

About Me

My photo
I am the Book Genie!! I love reading with all of my heart, (I'm a little dramatic sometimes) and it's an obsession I have to live with. New titles on the teen novel shelves makes my heart beat faster. I've read many books, and I've developed a love for all different types of them. I love making websites and animations, but most of all I love making movies. I want to pursue a career in the movie making industry later on in life. I would also love to start writing novels and screenplays. My family is the most important part about me, because they have taught me everything I know. My pets are also important to me, as are all the animals we feed and save.