Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I'M HERE, YOU'RE HERE, LET'S TALK BOOKS!!

Hello my little bookworms!!!!
I decided that there were way too many cobwebs growing on this blog so it was in need of a face lift. I went through and weeded out what I didn't need, and added in some cool new features. This is the first blog in a very long time that I will be doing on a book!!! WHO'S EXCITED?!?!?! I AM!!!!

MORGANVILLE VAMPIRES SERIES BY RACHEL CAINE

I've had the first book, Glass Houses, for a very long time now. It was the only book on my Christmas list last year that I actually wanted to read, and they didn't even have it! Once I finally bought it after weeks, I decided that I was going to put it aside for a little while because I was way too excited to read it, and I knew that I'd want to read the whole series.....problem is, I never actually got around to reading it....until this summer. In July I began reading the first book. I have to say, that besides Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, I've never read a book so quickly in my life: Page after page, without stopping, not wanting to stop, and arguing with myself after I stopped.
This series is absolutely CRAZY packed with action and suspense, and you have no idea what can happen next! At one point you might be throwing the book against the wall, crying, and the next you're so happy you're laughing to yourself because the characters, especially Shane, are SO funny!!!
The characters are so distinct in this book, each having their very own personality. That's obvious isn't it? Actually no. Not always can an author pull of multiple characters, because after a while they all start blending together. BUT this series, has a bunch of crazy characters, and also some very not so nice scary characters as well.
There were a few parts that I was nervous, like actually scared, because I mean, there are VAMPIRES in the book!!! That can get scary sometimes! Rachel Caine is so unpredictable, that you never know what she's going to have happen next. This helps with the scare factor.
I appreciate the plot and characters of the book, yet my favorite is her cliff hangers. Each book has a cliff hanger that sends you straight to the book store to get the next one. If you're smart you'll do what I did and buy multiple books in the series at once. SERIOUSLY you're going to need it! I Finished the first book in two days, then started the second book the next day.
GO get this series! I dare you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEWS!

11/8/2010

HELLO READERS OF THE WORLD! If you haven’t already, go pick up your copy of Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick! I’ve already read it, and give it a full 5 stars!!! It’s suspenseful and dramatic, and it keeps you on the edge of your seat....or bed...depending on where you read :) I advise everyone to go out and buy it!!

Images of the Book Genie:

All Book Genie logos are made by me with a lot of time and effort using multiple photo editing programs. Please do NOT steal them! You must ask permission to use the images, and then cite my blog! Thank you so much!

Hit Counter

Supported by mba programs team.

About Me

My photo
I am the Book Genie!! I love reading with all of my heart, (I'm a little dramatic sometimes) and it's an obsession I have to live with. New titles on the teen novel shelves makes my heart beat faster. I've read many books, and I've developed a love for all different types of them. I love making websites and animations, but most of all I love making movies. I want to pursue a career in the movie making industry later on in life. I would also love to start writing novels and screenplays. My family is the most important part about me, because they have taught me everything I know. My pets are also important to me, as are all the animals we feed and save.