Friday, November 12, 2010

I can't avoid it. Neither can you...

Ever been in a store, any store at all, and think to yourself "I can feel them." Maybe you're there shopping for clothes with your friend in Target, or you're in CVS buying makeup with your mom, and you just...stop. You feel the presense. You know that they're there...waiting for you. There's nothing you can do besides find them. Find what's waiting to be found, around the corner, in the next isle. You know exactly where they are like they're calling to you, leading you there. And then you find them. The books.

I love when this happens to me. I find myself overjoyed, smiling and laughing, running in slow motion towards the shelves. Knocking over a little girl looking at a children's book. Little girl, if you knew better you'd get out of the way of a mad woman with an addiction...And then my feet stop in front of the beautiful display!!! My mouth waters from all of the lavish covers of books on the best sellers list. I can't help but touch each and every one of them. Someone approaches me, I can't hear them. My heart beats faster with every back cover I read. The moment I decide You will be the book I buy I stare intently at the book. It's time. The book has been chosen, the fate of my happiness is now in my hands. Literally....

I was in walmart the other day and I chose to go down the book isle, like I always do.
These are the books I found...
-The Fledgling Handbook 101-by PC Cast, the Handbook that goes along with the House of Night Series by PC Cast & Kristin Cast.
-Virals by Kathy Reichs
-Reckless by Cornelia Funke
-Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
Now, since I'm in the making of a Christmas list of books, I only bought The Fledgling Handbook 101, and Dead Until Dark :D

I also found a whole section with christmas stories!!! It was so cute, I have to go back and get one....or all of them.

With love from The Book Genie,
Happy Reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEWS!

11/8/2010

HELLO READERS OF THE WORLD! If you haven’t already, go pick up your copy of Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick! I’ve already read it, and give it a full 5 stars!!! It’s suspenseful and dramatic, and it keeps you on the edge of your seat....or bed...depending on where you read :) I advise everyone to go out and buy it!!

Images of the Book Genie:

All Book Genie logos are made by me with a lot of time and effort using multiple photo editing programs. Please do NOT steal them! You must ask permission to use the images, and then cite my blog! Thank you so much!

Hit Counter

Supported by mba programs team.

About Me

My photo
I am the Book Genie!! I love reading with all of my heart, (I'm a little dramatic sometimes) and it's an obsession I have to live with. New titles on the teen novel shelves makes my heart beat faster. I've read many books, and I've developed a love for all different types of them. I love making websites and animations, but most of all I love making movies. I want to pursue a career in the movie making industry later on in life. I would also love to start writing novels and screenplays. My family is the most important part about me, because they have taught me everything I know. My pets are also important to me, as are all the animals we feed and save.