Sunday, April 25, 2010

I'm HERE, YOU'RE HERE, LET'S TALK BOOKS!!

Swoon by Nina Malkin


Hello fellow readers!!!
I am completely aware that I brag about every single book I blog about. I'm fickle, so what? right? I just simply love almost every book I read. 
Anyway, the past few days I have been reading Swoon by Nina Malkin and I am completely blown away. I was expecting a lot when I first started reading the book because it was suggested to me with such high honors, yet I am always skeptical when picking up a book (though they always turn out well, go figure ). I was shocked when I found out how amazing the book was. A little different than the other books I've read, in that it was more mature. I warn you it's inappropriate for younger teens and children. Yet that doesn't take away it's wow factors. The dialogue, and Sin himself, was enough to keep me reading---if the plot didn't do the trick. I highly recommend reading this book. It has many reviews if you'd like to check them out. Here is also an excerpt from BarnesandNoble.com: 

Torn from her native New York City and dumped in the land of cookie-cutter preps, Candice is resigned to accept her posh, dull fate. Nothing even happens in Swoon, Connecticut...until Dice's perfect, privileged cousin Penelope nearly dies in a fall from an old tree and her spirit interwines with that of a ghost. His name? Sinclair Youngblood Powers. His mission? Revenge and while Pen is obvious to the possession, Dice is all too aware of Sin. She's intesely drawn to him—but not at all crazy abolut the havoc he's wreaking.
Determined to exorcise the demon, Dice accidentally sets Sin loose, gives him flesh, makes him formidable. Now she must destroy an even more potent—and irresistible—adversary before the whole town succumbs to Sin's will. Only trouble is, she's in love with him.
What do you do when the boy of your dreams is too bad to be true?

 I definitely would give Swoon 5/5 stars!!! I really liked the way the book took place in two time periods, it was such an interesting style to me. The ending, although left me hanging with SOOOOO many questions, only has me wanting so much more.  With an ending like this one, you won't be able to stop yourself from guessing what happens next.
Anyway, I highly recommend this book, it's amazing!
*sealed with a kiss*
<3 The Book Genie

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEWS!

11/8/2010

HELLO READERS OF THE WORLD! If you haven’t already, go pick up your copy of Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick! I’ve already read it, and give it a full 5 stars!!! It’s suspenseful and dramatic, and it keeps you on the edge of your seat....or bed...depending on where you read :) I advise everyone to go out and buy it!!

Images of the Book Genie:

All Book Genie logos are made by me with a lot of time and effort using multiple photo editing programs. Please do NOT steal them! You must ask permission to use the images, and then cite my blog! Thank you so much!

Hit Counter

Supported by mba programs team.

About Me

My photo
I am the Book Genie!! I love reading with all of my heart, (I'm a little dramatic sometimes) and it's an obsession I have to live with. New titles on the teen novel shelves makes my heart beat faster. I've read many books, and I've developed a love for all different types of them. I love making websites and animations, but most of all I love making movies. I want to pursue a career in the movie making industry later on in life. I would also love to start writing novels and screenplays. My family is the most important part about me, because they have taught me everything I know. My pets are also important to me, as are all the animals we feed and save.